The M5Stack M5Dial is a WiFi and Bluetooth-connected smart device with a round 1.28-inch TFT touchscreen display equipped with an ESP32-S3 board, more specifically the M5Stamp S3 IoT module.
The user-programmable device is equipped with a rotary encoder that registers the position and direction of rotation of the knob, an RFID module, RTC, buzzer, buttons under the screen, and two Grove connectors for expansion, allowing for all kinds of projects.
1. wireless MCU module - M5Stack M5Stamp S3 with:
- SoC - Espressif Systems ESP32-S3FN8 dual-core 32-bit Xtensa LX7 microcontroller from Espressif Systems with AI vector instructions up to 240 MHz, RISC-V ULP coprocessor, 512 KB SRAM, 2.4 GHz WiFi 4 (802.11b/g/n), Bluetooth 5.0 BLE + Mesh, 8 MB flash memory;
- 2.4GHz 3D antenna;
- USB - 1x USB Type-C port.
- Expansion connectors for data I/O such as SPI, I2C, UART, ADC, etc.
2. Display - 1.28-inch TFT display with 240×240 resolution using GC9A01 driver and FT3267 capacitive touch screen controller.
3. RFID - WS1850S chip operating at 13.56 MHz, supporting ISO14443A, MIFARE and NTAG protocols.
- A Grove port A with I2C (5V) connector;
- Grove port B with input and output (5V).
5. Reset button.
6. Power supply - 6-36VDC via 2-pin connector or battery with charging circuitry.
7. Power consumption:
- standby current (battery powered) - 1.9 mA @ 4.2 V;
- operating current: 140.6 mA @ 6 V; 82.5 mA @ 12 V; 28.1 mA @ 16 V.
8. Dimensions - 45 x 45 x 32.3 mm.
9. Weight - 46.6g.
The M5Dial is already available for purchase at M5Stack stores.